Homebound Flight Information Summer 2023
The Travel Support team is excited to continue offering flexible options for our exchange students' flights home at the end of their time in the US. This website will provide you with all the information you may need to have an informed conversation and select the best option for all involved. Students are able to choose from the following options and must submit their selection in The Hub. Possible flight dates can be found at the bottom of this page.
Reach us at 800-634-8351 or [email protected]
Fly home the week after school ends
- Preselected for all students
- No host family approval needed
Fly home about two weeks after school ends
- Host family approval needed for extension
- Student must stay with current host family or IEC – no new screening of families is allowed
- Students pay a $95.00 USD extension fee should they choose this option
- EF employees in the sales offices will take care of invoicing students’ parents; payment will not hold up ticketing
Book your own flight
- Students must leave by July 10, 2023.
- Students must send the Travel Support team their flight information by April 30, 2023.
- This may be the best option for students who wish to fly on particular flight itineraries or airlines.
- If a host family does not feel comfortable with the student’s proposed BYOF travel plan, they should contact the Travel Support team to discuss further.
Travel with parent(s) and fly home on an EF ticket *
- Students traveling with one or more of their legal guardians at the end of their exchange can select to fly home on any day until June 30, 2023 from an airport on our approved list of gateways or from the host family’s preferred gateway.
- EF will not be able to match student flight to parent’s flight, nor can we book flights for parents.
- Once EF tickets a student’s flight, we cannot make any changes for any reason.
- We suggest that parents wait to book their own flight until EF finalizes student flight.
- Students pay a $95.00 USD fee should they choose this option.
- EF employees in the sales offices will take care of invoicing students’ parents; payment will not hold up ticketing.
ATL, BOS, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, IAD, IAH,
JFK, LAX, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, PHX, SEA, SFO
*Please note: this option’s availability is dependent on US government travel restrictions and entry policies.
If school end date:
EF will shift the student’s school end date for required school extensions, but will not extend for vacations, weddings, parties, sports or extracurricular activities, etc. In these situations, students should select Option 2 if the dates align, or choose Option 3. For Options 1 and 2, students must fly from their host family gateway to their original home gateway; we will not make accommodations for vacation.