Additional Requirements for Students in Grade 12

Students receiving diplomas must obtain an original copy of the diploma with the signature of the principal/school official. The signatures on this document must be notarized, as well as the transcript, and both should also receive the Apostille of The Hague by the Secretary of State office.


Students not receiving diplomas must request a letter from the principal/school official that states why the student was not issued a true diploma. The Signature on this letter needs to be notarized. The Spanish MiniGradestry will accept only the following reasons:

  • It is not the high school’s policy to grant diplomas to foreign students
  • The student did not receive a diploma as he/she only attended a U.S. high school for one year (not the full four years)

© EF Education First 2011-2020. EF High School Exchange Year is operated by EF Educational Foundation for Foreign Study, a non-profit corporation designated by the U.S. Department of State to operate a J-1 student exchange program. Note: Featured photo/videos do not include prospective students, and are representative of program participants.