Don’t let inclement weather, a low-key weekend around the house or working with a tight budget stop you from creating unforgettable memories with your exchange student. Here is list of ideas to help your family beat boredom.
Here are some ideas:
Games to play
- 20 questions
- Card games
Learn something new
- How to say five important words or phrases in your student’s language
- How to bake bread from scratch
- How to fold origami
Get out of the house
- Go sight-seeing
- Watch and photograph the sunset
- Go stargazing
- Volunteer in the community
Host an event
- Host an international night. Invite friends over, cook foods from your student’s country and show pictures of important places and things they should do if they ever go there.
- Have a movie night and everyone who attends brings an appetizer.
Ideate and create
- Find and bake a new recipe
- Paint, color or draw
- Make s’mores
- Make a collage of your exchange
Find your student now
Are you ready to experience a new culture at home? Talk with us and start your hosting journey now.
Tell us about yourself
Speak to an EF exchange advisor
Choose your exchange student