American traditions every exchange student wants to try
Don’t let inclement weather, a low-key weekend around the house or working with a tight budget stop you from creating unforgettable memories with your exchange student. Here is list of ideas to help your family beat boredom.
Here are some ideas:
Games to play
- 20 questions
- Card games
Learn something new
- How to say five important words or phrases in your student’s language
- How to bake bread from scratch
- How to fold origami
Get out of the house
- Go sight-seeing
- Watch and photograph the sunset
- Go stargazing
- Volunteer in the community
Host an event
- Host an international night. Invite friends over, cook foods from your student’s country and show pictures of important places and things they should do if they ever go there.
- Have a movie night and everyone who attends brings an appetizer.
Ideate and create
- Find and bake a new recipe
- Paint, color or draw
- Make s’mores
- Make a collage of your exchange
Find the right exchange student for your family
Does your family have any hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with an exchange student? Are you looking to learn more about a particular region of the world? Consider some of these topics and start browsing student profiles today.